Leading Well: A Resilience Retreat for Women Physician Leaders
February 12-16, 2017
Santiago de Queretaro, Mexico
Women physicians are stepping forward to lead critical change in healthcare. How do you fulfill your vision without burning yourself out? In this rejuvenating retreat, you’ll learn advanced techniques for strengthening your leadership while increasing your resilience.
This program is for women physicians involved in leadership in any area of health care including hospital, private practice and insurance. Participants with some prior experience with leadership roles and responsibilities will benefit most from these advanced techniques.
- Determine when to use your natural communication and leadership styles and how to easily flex and adapt your style to gain greater influence.
- Deal more effectively with resistance and conflict.
- Influence and collaborate with individuals and teams as an effective leader.
What’s included in the intensive:
- 4-day* live workshop:
An experiential leadership intensive (12 people max) so you can focus on your own development away from normal day-to-day distractions, and get real-time support and feedback. *Morning training; afternoons are free time.
- Expert coaching and mentoring:
Two private coaching sessions with Deborah to debrief your leadership style assessment and implement your leadership development plan.
- 90-days of follow up support and group coaching:
Two 1-hour group coaching sessions via teleconference to connect, check-in on progress and get your questions answered. You’ll also have access to a private online discussion forum where you can post questions for your coach, network with each other and get/give support 24/7.
- Course materials and resources:
You get a personal leadership and communication style assessment and a customized leadership development plan, plus access to articles, tools and other leadership development resources.
- 21 Category 1 AMA PRA credits:
Accreditation Statement: This activity has been planned in accordance with the ACCME through the Joint Providership of PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center and Pure Success Coaching.
Designated Credit Statement: PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 21 Category 1 AMA PRA credit(s).TM Each physician should only claim hours spent in the activity.
Faculty Disclosure: PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center declares that anyone in a position to control the content of an education activity disclose that they have no relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest to the provider. Any conflicts will be posted. Deborah Munhoz has no relevant financial disclosures.
Accessibility: 541-687-5856 to request accommodations.
What's the cost and what's included?
cost: $3700 - County society members receive a 10% discount
While still considered Mexico’s hidden gem, the architectural splendor & history of Santiago de Querétaro is making it a safe, clean and compelling international destination.
Our host hotel is Hotel Criol located in Queretaro’s Historical Downtown, a World Heritage Site. The design and architecture of this new boutique hotel filled with art has everyone mesmerized.
- 4 nights lodging (no additional fee for companion). If you’d like to extend your stay, additional dramatically discounted rate is available through Feb 19.
- Personal history tour of the historical center, a World Heritage site is included for participants and companions! Other site-seeing assistance available.
- Airport - hotel transfers.
- Monday evening private rooftop reception catered by chef Laura Ramirez Blakney - companions are welcome!
- Thursday evening fabulous dinner experience, like none other, at Chucho El Roto Restaurante in the charming historic Plaza de Armas. Chucho is “The” place to go in Queretaro! Companions are welcome, small charge.
- Breakfast and beverages for participants furnished during classes.
- More activities*
- Access to specialized online Spanish classes arranged to take you from no Spanish through 3 blocks of proficiency. www.livelingua.com
- Access to authentic Mexican cooking classes with Chef, Laura Ramirez Blakney. Reserve in advance at www.laurascocina.com
- Assistance with an excursion to exquisite San Miguel de Allende & hot air balloon rides!
*Additional fees apply
How do I reserve my place?
This nationally marketed retreat is limited to a small group-just 12 physicians.
Contact Candice Barr at Medicalpeaceofmind@gmail.com or call her at 541-968-2210 to check availability and/or make your $425 deposit.
Rooms at Hotel Criol are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.